- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Oyo NYSC member’s suicide note to parent: I’m tired of life, forgive me
A serving member of National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Mr. Johnson Onyilo, who committed suicide in Ibadan, left a suicide note stating he was fed up with life and pleaded with his parents to forgive him for all the troubles they went through to see him through school.
Onyilo, a 2018 Batch B Stream 1 NYSC member, was reportedly serving in Ibadan North-West Local Government Area of the state, when the incident happened.
It was further gathered that the deceased, who graduated from the Department of Accounting at the University of Jos, Plateau State, lived with his sister during his service.
According to Vanguard, the Public Relations Officer of NYSC in the state, Mrs Christy Olatoye, confirmed the incident, praying that “God protects our youths from the rampant cases of suicide.”
The remains of the young man are to be taken to Benue State later this week for burial.
He was said to have been posted to Oyo State with the number OY/18B/2337. JOS/2018/055264.
Olatoye said: “Yes, you are correct. He was living with his sister in Ibadan.
“He was serving in Ibadan North-West Local Government Area. But he has not been buried, he will be buried in Benue State next week.”