- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Simi Floats Own Music Company, ‘Studio Brat’
Multi-talented songstress and sound engineer, Simi has unveiled her own music company named ‘Studio Brat’.
Singer Simi broke the news about her new imprint on Thursday, June 20, 2019. She wrote; “The norm is to do a formal and proper press release, with big, impersonal words – but this is me and you.
“We started with true laughs, constructive criticism, silly jokes and personal moments. We’re gonna keep it that way.
“All I’ve ever wanted was to live my dreams – to do it on my terms, but for you. Each step I’ve taken has brought me here. This is only the beginning of the best part of my journey. I hope that you stand with me, fight with me, love with me and grow with me. My team and I have continuously put our hearts into it. Like Michael Jackson said, “Don’t stop till you get enough…” We never want to let you down. Proof: I’m using a Michael Jackson quote.
“So, with a heart full of excitement, I introduce Studio Brat to you. It’s Ours. Let’s do what we do! ?”
Simi’s new company, ‘Studio Brat’ comes after the wife of musician Adekunle Gold’s said bye bye to her former record label, X3M Music on May 1.
She parted ways with the record label after deciding not to renew her contract. Simi’s former label, in a press statement sent to the media, confirmed her departure was amicable.
X3M Music’s management said: “We only sign artists that we love and believe in. We know our taste in music is rather different, but we only sign talents who meet that taste. Fortunately, we have been able to find millions of music lovers here and abroad, who share similar tastes, as is evident in the success of all the artists we have worked with, including Simi who is without any doubt one of the biggest music talents in the country today.”