- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Bauchi Assembly Crisis: Oshiomhole issues warning to Gov Muhammed
The National Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has urged Gov. Bala Muhammed of Bauchi State to submit to the rule of law by allowing APC lawmakers who are majority to lead and pilot the affairs of Bauchi State House of Assembly.
Oshiomhole gave the advice on Friday while meeting with APC legislators from Bauchi State House of Assembly in Abuja, NAN reports.
The National chairman, who described democracy as a game of numbers, said that democracy must be governed by the rule of law.
“The laws are clear, democracy is a game of numbers. Minority can never preside over majority in a democracy because APC has 22 legislative members, PDP 8 and NNPC 1.
“There is no way PDP can produce the speaker, the deputy speaker and other principal officers,” Oshiomhole said.
According to him, “I have briefed the President in full, having met with you earlier when you shared with me the details. I have had conversation with the Governor. So, I have all the facts.”
He urged Gov. Muhammed to borrow a leaf from President Muhammadu Buhari to respect the rights and privileges of APC members-elect in the State House of Assembly.
“I recall that our President would always say that the right of our citizens must be respected even during election.
“It is because of that liberal disposition of the President that you can have a PDP person being proclaimed as the Governor of Bauchi State after the last election,” Oshiomhole said.