- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Ghana deports 17 Nigerian Yahoo boys
According to The Ghanaian Times, the Nigerians were handed over to the GIS for screening, following their arrest to determine their immigration status.
The Ho Municipal Police Commander, DSP Anthony Danso, who briefed the Times on Tuesday, said it emerged that the deported persons did not have good immigration standing.
Those who were found to be legal residents of Ho, were released and reunited with their various communities.
Danso noted that some landlords leased houses to some Nigerians, who in turn used them for various nefarious activities, including cyber fraud.
During the raid, the police retrieved 33 laptop computers, two television sets, one wireless router and 20 cell phones as well some electronic gadgets