- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
Just In: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Defeat Guinea, Set Record
The Super Eagles of Nigeria defeated Guinea by lone goal during their second group stage match at the ongoing Total African Cup of Nation.
The Eagles began the match on the front foot and should have opened the scoring in the first half but for the profligacy of striker, Odion Ighalo, who chose to shoot when he could have squared up for Ahmed Musa who was better placed for a tap in.
The second half began in a different fashion as they went on to open the scoring through Kenneth Omeruo in the 74th minute from a lovely corner kick.
As a result of the victory today, they are now the first team to make it to the knock out stage with a match to spare in the current campaign.