- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Lagos impounds Bullion Van, arraigns driver for one-way drive
The operatives of the Lagos State Task Force on Wednesday arraigned a bullion van driver for driving against traffic (One-way) before Magistrate Lateef Owolabi of the Lagos State Mobile Court sitting at Bolade, Oshodi, Lagos.
Ezekiel was charged for the offence of driving in a direction prohibited by law (one-way) punishable under Part (III) item 27 of the Transport Sector Law of Lagos State 2018.
The defendant admitted his guilt when the charge was read to him. On asking him to re-affirm his plea of ‘guilt’ again, he changed his mind and said he was not guilty.
The case was adjourned to the 30 July, 2019 for commencement of trial by the Magistrate.
Earlier, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi, Chairman, Task Force disclosed that the driver of the bullion van was apprehended by the enforcement team of the agency around Brown Street, towards Cappa area of Oshodi.
He said the driver of the bullion van, with registration number HK 218 EKY, Bamidele Ezekiel admitted to have driven against traffic in a statement he made to the agency.