- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
- Breaking: Supreme Court strikes out suit against Wike’s eligibility
- Breaking: Obasanjo raises alarm in another open letter to Buhari [Full text]
- BREAKING: Gunmen kidnapped former Super Eagles coach’s mother in Bayelsa
- Breaking: Samson Siasia’s mother kidnapped in Bayelsa
- Just in: Kidnappers kill Sen Abbo’s uncle, abduct stepmother
Lagos impounds Bullion Van, arraigns driver for one-way drive
The operatives of the Lagos State Task Force on Wednesday arraigned a bullion van driver for driving against traffic (One-way) before Magistrate Lateef Owolabi of the Lagos State Mobile Court sitting at Bolade, Oshodi, Lagos.
Ezekiel was charged for the offence of driving in a direction prohibited by law (one-way) punishable under Part (III) item 27 of the Transport Sector Law of Lagos State 2018.
The defendant admitted his guilt when the charge was read to him. On asking him to re-affirm his plea of ‘guilt’ again, he changed his mind and said he was not guilty.
The case was adjourned to the 30 July, 2019 for commencement of trial by the Magistrate.
Earlier, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi, Chairman, Task Force disclosed that the driver of the bullion van was apprehended by the enforcement team of the agency around Brown Street, towards Cappa area of Oshodi.
He said the driver of the bullion van, with registration number HK 218 EKY, Bamidele Ezekiel admitted to have driven against traffic in a statement he made to the agency.