- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
COZA Scandal: Veteran Nollywood actress, Regina Askia reacts
Veteran Nollywood actress, Regina Askia has reacted to the decision of the senior pastor of COZA, Biodun Fatoyinbo to step aside from the pulpit in order to clear his name after being accused of rape by Busola Dakolo.
The actress took to her Instagram page to reveal that the decision to step aside by the pastor was as a result of social media pressure. She thanked Nigerians for coming out en masse to support Busola Dakolo.
Regina Askia is one of the many celebrities who have been at the forefront of advocacy for the celebrity photographer since her shocking revelation.
See her post below:
The power of Social media. Thank you, everyone, for sending out a loud and clear message demanding for accountability and justice for Mrs Dakolo . This is a small victory for her and all others who suffered rape. We can only push on for the law to take its full course from here on, towards an indictment or exoneration. Either way, her voice was heard thanks to you all. May the body of Christ from here on heal as one. Peace and love. @ataikiddeh Wrote. News
Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo steps down, gives reason
Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, Monday morning stepped down as the senior pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA, over alleged rape allegation by Timi Dakolo’s wife, Busola.
Pastor Fatoyinbo, in a post on his Instagram page on Monday, announced stepping down from the pulpit following the saga.
He wrote: “The past few days have been very sobering on me I have taken time to seek spiritual counsel form Christian leaders around the world who feel very concerned about the ongoing report in the media. “I have solicited their guidance on actions I should take that is honoring to our Lord Jesus Christ and the work he has called me to do. “Drawing from their counsel and that of the leadership of COZA and owing to my love for Lord’s work and the sacred honor of my calling I have decided to take a leave of absence from the pulpit of the church.” This is following protest asking Pastor Fatoyinbo to step down over the rape allegations by Timi Dakolo’s wife, Busola
Busola, the wife of popular singer, Timi Dakolo had alleged that the COZA founder forcefully raped her when she was young.
The mother-of-three narrated how Pastor Fatoyinbo allegedly forced his way into her when she was a teenager.