- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Senate President, Lawan inaugurates Legislative Agenda Committee
Nigeria’s Senate President, Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan, on Wednesday, inaugurated Senate Legislative Agenda Committee, charging them to come up with agenda that responds to yearnings of Nigerians.
Lawan said that the ninth Senate was primed to work for Nigerians with experienced professionals that are in the Senate.
“Ladies and gentlemen, the ninth Senate is well with experienced people from various backgrounds and one could see it in today’s debate.”
He promised to make himself available if his attention was needed in the course of drafting the legislative activities for the Senate
Chairman of the Committee, Senator Adamu Aliero promised that the Committee would work hard taking into consideration, the plight of Nigerians so as to address their nagging issues.
The Kebbi lawmaker said that the upper chamber would focus on laws that will tackle poverty among Nigerians.
The 13-man Ad-hoc Committee was set up on Tuesday with a mandate to submit report in two weeks.