- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Senate President, Lawan inaugurates Legislative Agenda Committee
Nigeria’s Senate President, Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan, on Wednesday, inaugurated Senate Legislative Agenda Committee, charging them to come up with agenda that responds to yearnings of Nigerians.
Lawan said that the ninth Senate was primed to work for Nigerians with experienced professionals that are in the Senate.
“Ladies and gentlemen, the ninth Senate is well with experienced people from various backgrounds and one could see it in today’s debate.”
He promised to make himself available if his attention was needed in the course of drafting the legislative activities for the Senate
Chairman of the Committee, Senator Adamu Aliero promised that the Committee would work hard taking into consideration, the plight of Nigerians so as to address their nagging issues.
The Kebbi lawmaker said that the upper chamber would focus on laws that will tackle poverty among Nigerians.
The 13-man Ad-hoc Committee was set up on Tuesday with a mandate to submit report in two weeks.