- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
BBNaija2019: Thelma under attack as Don Jazzy, Nigerians react over her accent in the reality show
Viewers felt it was unfair to have people risk their lives to the audition and then pick Nigerians in the diaspora. One of Big Brother Naija 2019 housemates, Thelma, has come under attack over her accent in the reality show.
Thelma, among other housemates, brought into the house a different ‘American accent’. However, Thelma’s case seems to be the worst as hers seems not to be genuine, which has generated reactions from Nigerians online.
Recall that some Nigerians described the choice of housemates in the ongoing fourth season of the Big Brother Naija reality show as “more foreign than Nigerian.”
Respondents said that it was puzzling how Manchester-based Mike, London police officer, Khafi and Ike, who said this was his first one in Lagos, made the cut, while thousands of Nigerians flooded audition centres in February.
Viewers felt it was unfair to have people risk their lives to the audition and then pick Nigerians in the diaspora.
Here are comments of Nigerians gathered by newsmen from Twitter:
@DonJazzy “Thelma has a different haqccent for each question.”
@Dfitnessbeaut1 “Thelma’s fake accent just
Dropped to igbocent. Did you hear that!
@Salakoko “Thelma Please your english teacher died before he could teach youqueens English so just be yourself.But for today I’ll talk to him.”
@Christo7548 “Thelma is half Ghanaian, half ivorian but she grew up in imo. No wonder her english is as confused as where she is from.”
@Zaddy_Nomso “Thelma has to be the first human to have the Canadian-Aba accent. Like Drake that eats Okpa every morning.“
@Akanni “Very stupid thelma, Be forming accent she sounds like omo ibadan trying to form yankee.”
@T_Chisom “I swear I’m tired of this Thelma matter.. I think I’d just keep her in the house to see the kinda accents she’d be giving us daily. I’ve not gotten over “I did it on perpose”
@Thepamilerin “Thelma is making me laugh, this her abroad English is wonderful.”
@Faymorce “Thelma! First of Her name! Haqccent fluctator!Breaker of Queens English!
Low budget Waje! Haqccent queen!English constructor! Fine girl fine English! British English slayer! First Nigerian to speak pidgin on perpose !
@Zuribabel “Thelma speaking with United States of Nnewi accent? #BBNaija