- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
A Federal Capital Territory Magistrate Court has granted bail to Senator Elisha Abbo in the sum of N5million and two sureties in like sum.
The Presiding Magistrate, Senior Magistrate Abdullahi Ilellah said the sureties must have verifiable addresses within the FCT.
Ilellah adjourned the case to July 22nd for hearing.
Senator Abbo was arraigned on Monday on a one-count of assault which he pleaded not guilty.
He was arraigned by the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) police at Zuba Magistrate Court, Abuja after a video of him assaulting a woman went viral.
Senator Abbo is in the eye of a storm for attacking and beating up a woman who tried to prevent him and others with him from assaulting another woman in a sex toy shop in Abuja.
The viral video of the assault sparked outrage with many Nigerians calling for his prosecution.
Abbo has since confirmed to Channels Television that he is indeed the man in the video and that he will release a statement soon in that regard.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Senate has set up an ad-hoc committee to investigate the case. Six men and two women were chosen as members of the committee which will be headed by Senator Sam Egwu.