- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Amuneke Quits Taifa Stars Job On Mutual Agreement With Tanzania FA
Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke has been relieved of his post as head coach of the Tanzania national team on mutual agreement with the country’s football federation, withinnigeria reports.
The Tanzania Football Federation announced the termination of his contract on Monday afternoon.
”The Tanzania Football Association (TFF) and the National Team Coach, Emmanuel Amunike, have reached a joint agreement to terminate the contract between us,”reads a statement on the official website of the TFF.
“TFF will announce the new coach who will lead the National Team for CHAN qualifying matches.
“The new coach will be announced after the Emergency Committee Committee meeting meets July 11,2019. The search for the new Coach has started immediately.
Amuneke was appointed head coach of Taifa Stars on August, 6th, 2018.
He helped the Taifa Stars booked a place at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, their first since the 1980 edition which was hosted by his home nation, Nigeria.
The East Africans were eliminated after the group stages after losing all theor three Group C matches. The Taifa Stars lost 2-0 to Senegal, 3-2 to Kenya and 3-0 to Algeria to finish bottom of the group without any point.