- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Amuneke Quits Taifa Stars Job On Mutual Agreement With Tanzania FA
Former Nigeria international Emmanuel Amuneke has been relieved of his post as head coach of the Tanzania national team on mutual agreement with the country’s football federation, withinnigeria reports.
The Tanzania Football Federation announced the termination of his contract on Monday afternoon.
”The Tanzania Football Association (TFF) and the National Team Coach, Emmanuel Amunike, have reached a joint agreement to terminate the contract between us,”reads a statement on the official website of the TFF.
“TFF will announce the new coach who will lead the National Team for CHAN qualifying matches.
“The new coach will be announced after the Emergency Committee Committee meeting meets July 11,2019. The search for the new Coach has started immediately.
Amuneke was appointed head coach of Taifa Stars on August, 6th, 2018.
He helped the Taifa Stars booked a place at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, their first since the 1980 edition which was hosted by his home nation, Nigeria.
The East Africans were eliminated after the group stages after losing all theor three Group C matches. The Taifa Stars lost 2-0 to Senegal, 3-2 to Kenya and 3-0 to Algeria to finish bottom of the group without any point.