- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Transfer: Ndombele reveals why he snubbed Man Utd, PSG to sign for Tottenham
Tottenham Hotspur’s new signing, Tanguy Ndombele, has revealed that he joined the Premier League club because of manager Mauricio Pochettino.
Spurs’ new £65m record signing was courted by some of Europe’s top clubs, including Liverpool, Manchester United, Juventus and his hometown club Paris Saint-Germain .
But it was Spurs who landed the France midfielder from Lyon last week.
“I understand why people might be surprised I chose Tottenham when you look closely.
“I think that it is a very good choice.
“It was deeply thought through. Tottenham have one of the best managers in the world. The fact that he wants you, it makes you want to come work with him. He was the crucial factor in my decision.
“He looked me in the eyes and said: ‘Come with me, I am sure that you will get better’.
“It is these types of little things that made me want to sign. I saw that he really wanted me, that he really liked me.
“PSG are a great club, in the city in which I grew up.
“Today, I am not disappointed. Not at all. Aside from football, as a man, it is better for me to go to London, it will allow me to discover a new country, a new culture of football. I am going to come out of my cocoon,” Ndombele said according to the UK Mirror.