- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
APC to hold Kogi, Bayelsa primaries August 29
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has fixed Thursday, August 29 for primaries in Kogi and Bayelsa states to select governorship candidates for the November 16 election in the two states.
The party has also announced it will commence the sale of nomination and expression of interest form on Wednesday, July 10 at the party national secretariat in Abuja.
National Organising Secretary of the party, Emma Ibediro, in a statement, explained aspirants are expected to pay N20 million for nomination form and N2.5 million for expression of interest form.
Ibediro said female aspirants and the physically challenged who wish to contest the election in the two states are expected to pay 50 percent of the proscribed fees while payment is to be made to the designated bank accounts of the party.
The sale of nomination form is expected to close on Tuesday, August 20 while submission of the form will close on Wednesday, August 21.
All aspirants from the two states are to be screened on Thursday, August 22 and appeals arising from the screening taken the following day while appeals arising from the primary election will hold on Monday, September 2.