- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Building collapse kills man in Abia
A middle-aged man simply identified as Christian has reportedly died in a building collapse at Elu Ohafia in Ohafia LGA of Abia State.
Christian who is said to hail from Ututu in Arochukwu local government area of the state was said to have had his head crushed following the collapse.
Information about the incident until the time of this report is sketchy, sources in the area said that the victim died even before help could come to him.
Abia State Police Commissioner, CP Okon Eneh confirmed the incident in a telephone interview with our reporter.
According to Eneh, it was a case of an accident. He added that investigation was still ongoing.
He said that available information has it that the building was a colonial house that the owner may have wanted to demolish or remodel.
He said investigation was still ongoing.
However, a civil engineer who has his name simply as Gilbert while expressing his sadness over the incident called on engineers and others working in a construction site to ensure that they carry out safety measures before embarking on any project to avoid such recurrence.
Gilbert, however, emphasized on the need for land or house owners to use the services of trained and certified engineers whenever they want to embark on any demolition and repairs of their building.