- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Fulani Herdsmen Are Symbols Of Bloodshed, To dedicate A Page Nigerian Passport To Them Is An Insult – FFK
Former Nigeria’s aviation minister Femi Fani Kayode has insisted that the picture of herders embossed on the Nigerian passport remains a collective insult on the entire country.
General Overseer of the Omega Fire Ministries, Apostle Johnson Suleiman, had drawn the Nation’s attention to an inscription of herdsmen on new Nigerian passports.
While posting on his twitter handle, the cleric described it as shameful that a certain extraction now represents a nation with six geopolitical zones.
Reacting, Fani-Kayode shared the same sentiments with the cleric while describing it as an insult to the Nigerian people.
“Fulani herdsmen are symbols of bloodshed,terror,mass murder, ethnic-cleansing,genocide,carnage, torment,trauma and evil. They represent nothing but cruelty,suffering, land-grabbing,church-burning,raping and pillaging and are instruments of occupation,domination and conquest.
They have slaughtered more Nigerians over the last 4 years than BokoHaram have done in 10 and they have been designated as the 4th most deadly terrorist org. in the world by the int. community.We must consider all this in the light of the composition of our new passport.
To dedicate a page of our passport to them and paste their picture on it represents the biggest and most gratuitous insult to the Nig. people that has ever been served. It’s like dedicating a page of the Israeli passport to Hitler and the Nazis that slaughtered 6 million Jews.” Said FFK
“We reject it in its entirety and we insist that the Buhari administration removes that accursed page forthwith and replace it with another symbol that truly represents the noble, enlightened, civilised and laudable nature and heritage of the Nigerian people.We refuse to accept a symbol that represents a retrograde, barbaric, blood-lusting, vampiric, malignant, malevolent and bestial foreign heritage and culture on our passport.”