- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
Taylor Swift Edges Out Kanye West, Messi To Emerge World’s Highest-Paid Celebrity
See the list of top 10 highest-paid celebrities below
American singer Taylor Swift has been declared the world’s highest-earning celebrity, knocking down the Kardashian clan – Kylie Jenner, Kanye West, and football star Lionel Messi.
Swift grossed £148 million in pre-tax earnings in the year beginning 1 June 2018, thanks to her historic Reputation stadium tour. According to Forbes, her Reputation stadium is the highest-grossing tour in the history of United States.
The 29-year-old fortune is also projected to get bigger when she releases her upcoming album, ‘Lover’ slated for August. ‘Lover’ will be Taylor’s debut body of work under her new record label, Universal Music Group’s Republic Records, a deal multiple sources, said could be worth about $200 million.
Kylie Jenner ranks second on the Forbes’ list, garnering an estimated £136 million from her Kylie Cosmetics business, while Kanye West sits on the third place, earning $150 million and Barcelona superstar footballer, Messi comes fourth with $127 million.
In 2006, the pop star topped the Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list following her successful ‘The 1989 World Tour’, which pushed her earnings to $170 million. Touring, without any doubt, plays vital role in Swift’s success.
See the list of top 10 highest-paid celebrities below;
Taylor Swift – $185 million
Kylie Jenner $170 million
Kanye West – $150 million
Lionel Messi – $127 million
Ed Sheeran $110 million
Cristiano Ronaldo – $109 million
Neymar – $105 million
The Eagles – $100 million
Dr. Phil McGraw – $95 million
Canelo Alvarez – $94 million