- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
AFCON 2019: Algerian coach blasts Nigerian journalist ahead of semi-final clash
Algeria coach, Djamel Belmadi, was furious with Nigerian reporter, Chisom Mbonu-Ezeoke, during a press conference on Saturday, ahead of their Africa Cup of Nations semi-final.
The antics of North African footballers, have been one of the talking points in the build-up to clash.
In a video that has gone viral on social media, Algerian star Ramy Bensebaini was seen slapping himself in the face with Wilfried Zaha’s hand, before falling to the floor clutching his head, during the quarterfinal tie between Algeria and Ivory Coast on Thursday.
At Saturday’s pre-match press conference, Mbonu-Ezeoke described the behavior of Bensebaini as “terrible”, a remark that did not go down well with Belmadi.
When asked if that behavior was acceptable and whether he had spoken to the player about it, the Algeria manager replied: “I am not really sure that this is the place to talk about this.
“If you try to put pressure on us, it is not the right way. Try to win in another way, not this way.
“There is a referee for that, there is VAR for that, it is not your job to talk about these things.”