- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Cultists kill final year student in Calabar
A final year student of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Cross River State University of Technology was reportedly murdered on Monday by suspected cultists in school premises.
According to Punch, the deceased identified as James was allegedly shot down and cut with machete in fron of his faculty.
Newsmen gathered that James, who was a final year student as at the time of writing this report was writing his final exams when he was allegedly killed by a cult group suspected to be Axe Men.
When contacted on phone, the Public Relations Officer of the school, Mr Onen Onen, said, “I’m not in school now and I have not been briefed about anything like that.”
The Cross River State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo, confirmed the incident and said the body had been removed and deposited in the mortuary.
“We don’t know which of the cult groups was responsible for the incident. We are still investigating, but no arrest has been made,” she said.
As of the time of this report, some people in black clothes suspected to be members of a rival cult group had allegedly invaded the school on a reprisal mission.