- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Cultists kill final year student in Calabar
A final year student of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Cross River State University of Technology was reportedly murdered on Monday by suspected cultists in school premises.
According to Punch, the deceased identified as James was allegedly shot down and cut with machete in fron of his faculty.
Newsmen gathered that James, who was a final year student as at the time of writing this report was writing his final exams when he was allegedly killed by a cult group suspected to be Axe Men.
When contacted on phone, the Public Relations Officer of the school, Mr Onen Onen, said, “I’m not in school now and I have not been briefed about anything like that.”
The Cross River State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo, confirmed the incident and said the body had been removed and deposited in the mortuary.
“We don’t know which of the cult groups was responsible for the incident. We are still investigating, but no arrest has been made,” she said.
As of the time of this report, some people in black clothes suspected to be members of a rival cult group had allegedly invaded the school on a reprisal mission.