- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Man sentenced to 6 years in prison for stealing female underwears, phone
A 19-year-old man, Olasunkanmi Yekini, has been sentenced to six years in prison by a magistrate court in Osogbo, the Osun state, for stealing three female underwear and one mobile phone valued at N6000.
The Prosecutor, Insp Jafani Musilimi, told the court that on January 28th at about 10am, the suspect broke into the apartment of one Folashade Ganiyu at No. 12 Ibokun road, Oja-Oba area, Osogbo and stole three of her pants which she hung in her bathroom.
“The convict also stole a Techno mobile phone valued at about N6,000 belonging to the complainant” he said.
The prosecutor told the court that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 412 and 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Cap 34, Vol. 11, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The convict was charged with theft and breach of public peace.
Magistrate Rofiat Olayemi while delivering judgement, sentenced the convict to six years in jail without any option to pay fine. She said this would serve as a deterrent to young men that might also have the urge to go about stealing the underpants of women.