- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
Man sentenced to 6 years in prison for stealing female underwears, phone
A 19-year-old man, Olasunkanmi Yekini, has been sentenced to six years in prison by a magistrate court in Osogbo, the Osun state, for stealing three female underwear and one mobile phone valued at N6000.
The Prosecutor, Insp Jafani Musilimi, told the court that on January 28th at about 10am, the suspect broke into the apartment of one Folashade Ganiyu at No. 12 Ibokun road, Oja-Oba area, Osogbo and stole three of her pants which she hung in her bathroom.
“The convict also stole a Techno mobile phone valued at about N6,000 belonging to the complainant” he said.
The prosecutor told the court that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 412 and 249(d) of the Criminal Code, Cap 34, Vol. 11, Laws of Osun, 2002.
The convict was charged with theft and breach of public peace.
Magistrate Rofiat Olayemi while delivering judgement, sentenced the convict to six years in jail without any option to pay fine. She said this would serve as a deterrent to young men that might also have the urge to go about stealing the underpants of women.