- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
EKSU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: ‘I was set up by student, cultists’ — Lecturer
A lecturer at the Ekiti State University(EKSU), Ado Ekiti , Dr. Olaleye Aduwo, who was alleged to have been involved in “sex for mark” scandal, on Monday denied attempting to have canal knowledge of the said female student.
The lecturer in a 29-second video that went viral about a month ago, was accused of attempting to sexually exploit one of his students for marks.
In the footage, the lecturer was tortured, harassed and dehumanized by people brought by the lady with mention.
Since the incident happened, the lecturer has kept mute on the issue, except the defence he presented before the panel set up by Ekiti State University to investigate the matter, which was gleaned through some sources provided to the closed-door interaction.
Speaking with journalists in Ado Ekiti on Monday, Aduwo, in an emotion-laden, expressed regret over the issue, which he claimed was a deliberate attempt to smear his hard-earned integrity and reputation.
He said: “though the incident came to me as a surprise and it is still under investigation. I urge members of the public to disregard any misleading information circulated on social media as such was not true.
“There was nothing about sex allegation, claiming that he was set-up to rubbish by the lady”.
Speaking further, Aduwo added: “The lady in question was more or less like a daughter and a friend to my own daughter hence, I couldn’t have asked her for sex.
“On the said day, some unknown hoodlums suspected to be cultists, numbering about 15 suddenly invaded my house along Ikere Road, Ado Ekiti through the connivance of the lady in question, to molest me.
“I had just shared dinner with my friend, Mr Allen Akinmudiro, co-inhabitant in the same flat when the incident happened around 10 pm in my living room.
“The female student in question who is a friend to my own daughter arrived the house and took part in the dinner with me and Mr Akinmudiro, but neither did I know that she had an ulterior motive.
“After the meal, the lady signalled to the hoodlums who wasted no time as they stormed my house, rough-handled me, stripped me naked right in my sitting room with my friend Allen and subjected me to serious tortures, using electric device, and they beat me with harmful objects”.
He claimed that the hoodlums came into the house with guns and other dangerous weapons, saying he had no choice than to obey their instructions so as not to endanger his life.
Aduwo noted that all efforts by the landlord and neighbours to rescue him failed as they were threatened with guns and had to run for their lives.
He maintained that the issue was a clear assault and not sex for mark as widely circulated.