- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Kogi guber: Why Buhari must call Yahaya Bello to order – Party chairman
Ahead of the Kogi State governorship election, the state chairman of Social Democratic Party (SDP), Alhaji Mutar Atimah has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to call Governor Yahaya Bello to order over the conduct of his supporters.
Atimah told party faithful on Monday at the official inauguration of the party secretariat in Lokoja that the call become necessary in view of incessant attacks on members of the SDP in the state in recent times.
He said that the Kogi Governor should as a matter of urgency call his followers to order to avoid the consequence that might follow if the attacks continue.
“Let it be clear to the governor that no one has the monopoly of violence. No one should blame SDP when it decides to defend itself,” he warned.
According to the chairman, no amount of intimidation will be enough to stop SDP from taking over from Bello as the people of Kogi have had enough of his maladministration.
Atimah called on the Governor to concentrate on making life comfortable to the people through prompt payment of salaries and providing adequate security that will enhance the standard of living of the people.
He said that SDP has come to stay and is ready to take over Lugard House in the November 16th governorship election.
In a swift reaction however, Kingsley Fanwo, who is the Director-General, Media and Publicity to the Kogi State Governor, assured that “Kogi is safe for all. We do not support attacking anyone and most of the accusers are making false claims to win sympathy. Kogi is safer than it was 5 years ago”.