- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT) has ordered the issuance of subpoena on the Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmood Yakubu and the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) Zamfara State.
They are, by the subpoena issued on July 9, 2019, expected to appear and produce some documents used for the last election, required by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate in the last presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, who are petitioners before the tribunal.
At the resumption of proceedings on Wednesday, petitioners’ lawyer, Chris Uche (SAN), told the tribunal that the subpoena had been served on the two officials but they have failed to either appear or make available the documents requested.
He said subpoena are like summons from a court that the subject must obey.
Tribunal Chairman, Justice Mohammed Garba noted that from the record of the court, Yakubu was served with the subpoena on July 15, 2019 when he was required to produce the documents.
Garba also noted that the one on the Zamfara REC was served on July 12.
He asked INEC’s lawyer, Yunus Usman (SAN) to take the necessary steps to ensure the subpoena is complied with.