- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Buhari speaks on collapsed building in Jos
President Muhammadu Buhari has condoled with the families of victims of the collapsed building in Jos, Plateau State, which claimed many lives.
Figures released by National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) showed that 12 persons have so far died in the collapsed three-storey building in Delimi community of Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau.
Reacting, Buhari, in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Shehu Garba, said he was greatly shocked by the unfortunate loss of lives and wished those injured quick recovery.
“I feel your pains at this difficult moment and my prayers, thoughts and empathy are with you as you struggle to overcome the shock of this misfortune.”
He prayed to God to comfort everyone affected by the sad incident, and urged stakeholders in the building industry to find a lasting solution to the frequent incidents of building collapse across the country.
“There is the urgent need to address the issue of enforcing safety standards in our buildings in order to forestall future tragedies,” he said.