- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Ruga: Igbos won’t succumb to Arewa’s 30-day ultimatum – IPOB
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Wednesday said South eastern states would not succumb to the demand for land for implementation of Ruga settlement programme.
The group said it was ready for face the youth wing of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) after the expiration of its 30- day ultimatum.
In a statement by the Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, IPOB insisted on supporting ranching business but in their private lands, not through forcing people to release their ancestral land to anybody.
The group advised the federal government and those behind the plan to retrace their steps before it turned uncontrollable and claim more innocent lives.
The statement partly reads: “IPOB is a peaceful movement and must remain so but cannot allow anybody to trample on us by forcing our people to release their ancestral land to them.
“We are aware that cattle business remains personal business in Nigeria and cannot change today.
“The community’s ancestral lands are gifts from the God, handed over to us to dwell, on which must not be taken over under any guise by the government or Fulani.
“We challenge Fulani Islamists terrorists including their Arewa youths to do their worst after the expiration of the so-called 30 days ultimatum as was widely reported in every national and international media.
“We are anxiously and eagerly waiting for them in whatever shape they may want it.”