- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Ruga: Igbos won’t succumb to Arewa’s 30-day ultimatum – IPOB
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Wednesday said South eastern states would not succumb to the demand for land for implementation of Ruga settlement programme.
The group said it was ready for face the youth wing of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) after the expiration of its 30- day ultimatum.
In a statement by the Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, IPOB insisted on supporting ranching business but in their private lands, not through forcing people to release their ancestral land to anybody.
The group advised the federal government and those behind the plan to retrace their steps before it turned uncontrollable and claim more innocent lives.
The statement partly reads: “IPOB is a peaceful movement and must remain so but cannot allow anybody to trample on us by forcing our people to release their ancestral land to them.
“We are aware that cattle business remains personal business in Nigeria and cannot change today.
“The community’s ancestral lands are gifts from the God, handed over to us to dwell, on which must not be taken over under any guise by the government or Fulani.
“We challenge Fulani Islamists terrorists including their Arewa youths to do their worst after the expiration of the so-called 30 days ultimatum as was widely reported in every national and international media.
“We are anxiously and eagerly waiting for them in whatever shape they may want it.”