- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Chukwueze, De Ligt, Hudson-Odoi make shortlist for 2019 Golden Boy Award
Super Eagles winger, Samuel Chukwueze, has been included in a 80-man shortlist for the 2019 Godlen Boy award.
The Golden Boy is an award run by Italian sports daily Tuttosport and handed out to a young footballer playing in Europe, adjudged to have been the most impressive during a calendar year.
All nominees must be under the age of 21 and play in a European nation’s top tier.
Chukwueze has been one of Nigeria’s best players at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations and before that, was imperious for his LaLiga side, Villarreal in the 2018/2019 season.
The long list also contvains names like Matthijs de Ligt who is moving to Juventus from Ajax and is the current holder of the award; Phil Foden, Moise Kean, Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson Odoi.