- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Suspected armed robbers slaughter couple in Ogun
A gang of armed robbers has butchered a couple, James Olaosebikan, 72 and Esther Olaosebikan, 68 in their residence at KLM 54, Lagos- Ibadan expressway Sagamu, Ogun state.
Armed robbers murdered the couple on the 30th of June, 2019 while Police reportedly arrested their suspected killers on the 12th July, 2019.
The spokesman of the Police Command in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi confirmed the awful incident to newsmen in Abeokuta on Wednesday.
Abimbola told newsmen that police have arrested four suspects in connection with the murder of the couple in the State and they are namely Uthman, Abdulkareem and Abdulhamid.
Abimbola said the assailants accessed the house through the ceiling and macheted the couple to death.
The spokesman of the Police in the state further said the suspects confessed to the police that they were members of an armed robbery gang. That they decided to kill the couple after they recognised one of them.
He said, “Upon the report, the commissioner of Police, CP Bashir Makama gave a matching order to the DPO Sagamu Division, SP Okiki Agunbiade to fish out the killers within the shortest possible time.
Oyeyemi added, “In compliance with the CP’s directive, the DPO and his men embarked on technical and forensic investigation of the case and their efforts yielded a positive result, on 12 of July 2019, when three members of the gang namely: Ibrahim Uthman, Aba Abdulkareem and Abdulhamid Ibrahim were apprehended.
“On interrogation, they confessed to being part of a robbery gang and that one of their members, who is now at large invited them for the purpose of robbing the deceased as well as a nearby shop.
“But on getting to the house, they discovered that the couple recognised one of them, hence, they matcheted them to death”.
The spokesman of Police command added, “The Commissioner of Police has ordered the homicide section of the State Criminal investigation and intelligence department to take over the case for proper investigation.”
Oyeyemi stated that the CP has also directed that the fleeing member of the gang must be brought to book within the shortest possible time.