- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
BREAKING: Senate confirms four commissioners for NCC
The Senate on Thursday confirmed four Commissioners for Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).
President Muhammadu Buhari had asked the senate to confirm nominees for the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).
The president’s request was contained in three letters read by Senate President Ahmad Lawan(pictured) on the floor of the upper legislative chamber last Tuesday.
Buhari based his request on section 8 (1) of NCC act and section 5 (2) of NIPSS act; presenting four nominees for the NCC and one for the NIPSS.
“In accordance with section 8 (1) of the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) act 2003, I write to forward the under listed names of nominees for confirmation by the senate as non-executive commissioners of the Nigeria Communications Commission,” the president said.