- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
BREAKING: Senate confirms four commissioners for NCC
The Senate on Thursday confirmed four Commissioners for Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).
President Muhammadu Buhari had asked the senate to confirm nominees for the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC).
The president’s request was contained in three letters read by Senate President Ahmad Lawan(pictured) on the floor of the upper legislative chamber last Tuesday.
Buhari based his request on section 8 (1) of NCC act and section 5 (2) of NIPSS act; presenting four nominees for the NCC and one for the NIPSS.
“In accordance with section 8 (1) of the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) act 2003, I write to forward the under listed names of nominees for confirmation by the senate as non-executive commissioners of the Nigeria Communications Commission,” the president said.