- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Landlady allegedly murdered by two tenants in Delta
Two tenants have been accused of killing a 63-year-old landlady, Mrs Elizabeth Asuelime at No. 72 Umunajie street, Asaba, Delta state.
The daughter of the deceased landlady, Glory told Newsmen that these two tenants killed her mother on Tuesday.
She said , “ My mum called me on Monday around 8 pm and asked me to come home the following morning because one of her tenants was giving her problems and threatening her . So, on Tuesday morning , I called her phone but it was switched off.
“ When I got to the house , I met the door open . I checked her room and she was not there , so I went to the parlour and saw her lying on the couch . I called her again and she didn ’t respond , so I touched her and the body was stiff.
“I noticed blood gushing out from the back of her head ; then I screamed and went outside and asked for the tenant giving my mother problems. One of the ladies said it was the tenant in the front and I told them that my mother was lying dead in a pool of her blood inside the house.
“ That was how we went to the ‘ A ’ Police Division in Asaba and it was discovered that the assailants used a harmer or stick to hit my mother in the back of her head . The police have arrested only four tenants, because after the incident , most of them ran away.
“Charles and Emeka , together with their wives, were the ones who quarrelled with my mum . The assailants went away with her phone . We are waiting for MTN to provide the transcript of the last conversation with my mother. ”
Reacting to the incident, the spokeperson of Delta State Police Command, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyey said that it has not been proven that the two tenants truly murdered the landlady.
She stated that the tenants, who quarrelled with the landlady , were currently at large , but four other tenants had so far been invited for questioning.
The PPRO added that investigation was ongoing to unravel the circumstances surrounding the woman’ s death and apprehend the killers .