- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Toni Braxton Expresses Love For Nigerian Music, Vibes To BOJ And Teni’s Song
Toni was in Nigeria to headline the 60th birthday celebration of Nduka Obaigbena
American R&B singer, Toni Braxton, has expressed her admiration for Nigerian music during her visit to the country.
The songstress said she can’t wait to learn Yoruba language, one of the multiple indigenous languages of the West African country.
Toni was in Nigeria to headline the 60th birthday celebration of Nduka Obaigbena, editor-in-chief of ThisDay Media Group.
Speaking via microblogging social media platform, Twitter, she shared a video of her singing to BOJ and Teni’s track, ‘Obe’. Also, she expressed her obsession for the “beautiful things” she came across in Nigeria. “I’m in Nigeria. Everything is so beautiful, especially the music! I can’t wait to learn the language so that I can sing it right. Headed back home. Leaving Nigeria. Wonderful time there,” she said.
“The food is beautiful, the people are beautiful. The music rocks.”
Nigeria, Everything is so Beautiful, especially the MUSIC! Obe by BOJ feat. Teni is my new favorite…
I can’t wait to learn the language so that I can sing it right 💃🏽 pic.twitter.com/8J7P7keh3w
— Toni Braxton (@tonibraxton) July 16, 2019
Tiwa Savage, Wizkid amongst other performers thrilled the politicians, business moguls and other bigwigs present at the event.
Those who graced the event were Emeka Ihedioha, Imo governor; Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, Kwara governor; Babatunde Fashola, a former Lagos governor; Ifeanyi Okowa, Delta governor; Godwin Emefiele, CBN governor; Jim Ovia, Zenith Bank founder and many other reputable personalities.