- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
2019 AFCON: Bronze winning Eagles arrive Abuja
Super Eagles team that won the bronze medal of the ongoing Africa Cup of Nation after beating Tunisia 1-0 in the third place match in Egypt on Wednesday landed in Abuja today.
The Nigerian national team led by its Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr was received by the Federal Government through the Ministry of Youths and Sports led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation Boss Mustapha ably supported by the Permanent Secretary, Youths and Sports Olusade Adesola.
12 players returned to Nigeria and they were led by Eagles’ Assistant Captain Ahmed Musa, the three goalkeepers Daniel Akpeyi, Francis Uzoho and Ikechukwu Ezenwa.
Others included Wilfred Ndidi, Chidozie Awaziem, Paul Onuachu, Shehu Abdullahi, Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen.
They were treated to a colourful reception at the Arrival Hall of the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja where led by the Victor Nwejinaka led Black Bone Cultural troupe.