- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
EFCC arrest Immigration officer, 14 passport racketeers
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission arrested an immigration officer alongside 14 others, over their alleged involvement in passport racketeering.
Adebimpe Kehinde an Immigration Assistant, was arrested on Thursday, July 18, 2019 at the Immigration Service Passport office, Alagbon, Ikoyi, Lagos, following intelligence reports received by the Commission and subsequent surveillance.
Others arrested include Nnadika Timothy, Oyeyiga Samuel, Sunday Adekunle, Lola Kadoso, Adebayo Damilola, Adeola Oluwafikayomi Ajiboshin, Abubakri Adebayo, Uka Precious Ifeanyi, Raph Emeka Ibuaku, Henry Onyebuchi, Christy Odey, Aba-Peter Ajuma Blessing,Ogunmefun Oluwanishola and Busayo Balogun.
Items recovered from the suspects accused of conspiring to extort money from unsuspecting members of the public applying for international passports, include five laptops, mobile phones and several official documents. They will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
Here are more photos below;