- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Former deputy president of the senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, was all caught up in his feelings as he took to the micro blogging platform, Twitter, to announce the graduation of his daughter, Sonia Chinonso Ekweremadu, from a foreign university.
Senator Ekweremadu, in his post, called on well-wishers to join him in celebrating the young lady’s achievement, and also disclosed that she bagged a BA in media and communications.
“Please, join me in congratulating my darling daughter, Sonia Chinonso Ekweremadu, BA Media and Communications, on her graduation. Well done, girl. Proud of you. I celebrate you,” he said.
Some of the photos shared by the politician showed the moment his family joined the graduating lady for a warm group photo.
See his tweet below:
Please, join me in congratulating my darling daughter, Sonia Chinonso Ekweremadu, BA Media and Communications, on her graduation.
Well done, girl. Proud of you. I celebrate you. pic.twitter.com/gTk5imIjFI
— Ike Ekweremadu (@iamekweremadu) July 18, 2019
Some of his followers were spotted in the comment section congratulating the proud father and the celebrant of the day.
Read tweets below:
These men killed the system that elevated them to their respective status today. Many of them did not work harder than me, they only know someone in place of authority or we voted them in to lofty positions.
— Austin Uc (@Uchepager) July 19, 2019
It’s a great development when people occupying public office become afraid to say that their children schooled abroad. We will get there gradually 👍👍
— let love lead (@Dr_ichie) July 19, 2019
Congratulations to her… I hope and pray that one day all political office holders whose policies are hindering the growth of Nigeria education system will be restricted from sending their own kids outside the country.
The Buhari govt is struggling wit minimum wage for wokers
— Adidia G. U. (@AdidiaG) July 19, 2019
Congratulations! I pray and hope that one day a bill would be passed and signed into law restricting holders of foreign certificates from holding any public office in Nigeria whether by appointment or election. God bless Nigeria!
— Ejeh Enenche (@ejehenenche) July 18, 2019