- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
The Hope Democratic Party (HDP) and its presidential candidate in the last election, Ambrose Owuru have closed their case in the prosecution of their petition.
HDP and Owuru are challenging the outcome of the last election and sought to be declared winners, claiming to have won a referendum purportedly conducted after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) postponed the presidential election.
On Monday, lawyers to the petitioners, Eze Nnalugo called Yusuf Ibrahim as the first witness, who testified before the Presidential Election Petition Court(PEPC) in support of the petitioners’ claim.
The court however rejected two other witnesses called by the petitioners, including a supeonaed witness,on the grounds that they had no written depositions, as required by law.
Nnalugo later announced the closure of the petitioners’ case.