- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
The Hope Democratic Party (HDP) and its presidential candidate in the last election, Ambrose Owuru have closed their case in the prosecution of their petition.
HDP and Owuru are challenging the outcome of the last election and sought to be declared winners, claiming to have won a referendum purportedly conducted after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) postponed the presidential election.
On Monday, lawyers to the petitioners, Eze Nnalugo called Yusuf Ibrahim as the first witness, who testified before the Presidential Election Petition Court(PEPC) in support of the petitioners’ claim.
The court however rejected two other witnesses called by the petitioners, including a supeonaed witness,on the grounds that they had no written depositions, as required by law.
Nnalugo later announced the closure of the petitioners’ case.