- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
We’re still investigating the kidnap of Siasia’s mother —Police
The Police Command in Bayelsa State has said that its personnel are working round the clock to ensure that the kidnapped mother of Samson Siasia, Nigeria’s former Super Eagles player, is rescued from her captors.
SP Asinim Butswat, the spokesperson of the Command, made this known in a text message with the News Agency of Nigeria in Yenagoa on Sunday.
NAN reports that Mrs. Beauty Siasia, who was kidnapped on July 15 with two others in Odoni community, Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, has spent 14 days in the kidnappers’ den.
The 79-year-old woman was kidnapped alongside Mrs. Florence Douanana, 65, and her daughter, Selekire Douanana, 17.
According to the Police spokesman, the Command is on top of the game, stressing that investigation is on-going to enable the victims regain freedom.
“Yes, investigation is on-going and efforts are also on to rescue the victims,” he stated.
NAN recalls that the state Commissioner of Police, Uche Anozia, had visited the scene twice and had deployed marine components of the Force to comb the creeks of the area in search of the abducted victims.