- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
JUST IN: APC suspends Jibrin for alleged anti-party activities
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has suspended a House of Representatives member, Abdul Muminu Jibrin Kofar, representing Bebeji /Kiru Federal Constituency.
According to a statement by APC Chairman Bebeji local government area of Kano state, Alhaji Sulaiman Sabo Gwarmai on 30th July, the suspension was premised on the adoption of the committee report on anti-party activities of Abdul Muminu Jibrin Kofar contrary to some provisions of the party’s constitution.
The party said: “Ranging from article 21, paragraph A (ii) (v) and (vii) the executive committee adopted the report and hereby suspend Abdul Muminu Jibrin Kofar for 12 months.’’
The statement said the executive committee also adopted the committee’s recommendation, urging the state executive committee to recommend to the national executive the immediate expulsion of the lawmaker from the party for various offenses.
‘’The offenses which were also found to be contrary to article 21. Paragraph A (ii) (v) and (xi) of the party constitution, ’the statement said.
The Nation gathered that the federal lawmaker, who was the campaign Director-General, Gbajabiamila/Wase Speakership team, had been having a running battle with the APC state chairman, Abdullahi Abbas.
Many believe this and many more may not be unconnected to him losing out in the scheme of event at the House of Representatives.