- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
BAYELSA GUBER POLL: Appeal court halts judgement disqualifying APC and its candidate, David Lyon
A court of appeal has suspended the ruling of a federal high court which disqualified the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Candidate, David Lyon from contesing in the Bayesla Governorship election scheduled for November 16.
WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that a federal high court in Abuja has voided the candidacy of the deputy governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the November 16 election in Bayelsa State.
Recall that the federal high court sitting in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State on Thursday, ruled that the All Progressives Congress (APC) cannot field candidates in the Saturday November 16, 2019 governorship election in the state.
David Lyon, the gubernatorial candidate and All Progressives Congress (APC) approached the appeal court which ordered a stay of execution pending November 20 when the motion would be heard.