- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
EPL: Frank Lampard issued strong warning ahead of new season
New Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has been warned by his uncle, Harry Redknapp to expect a “tough season”.
The Blues largely impressed last term, lifting the Europa League trophy and finishing third in the league.
But former manager, Maurizio Sarri, left Stamford Bridge shortly after the season finished to join Juventus, with Lampard leaving his role at Derby County to take over.
Lampard impressed at Pride Park in his first season in management, taking the Rams to the Championship play-off final, where they were beaten by Aston Villa.
But, with Chelsea’s ongoing transfer ban and the departure of star man Eden Hazard, Lampard has been told to brace up.
“It’s going to be a tough season for Frank.
“It’s great to see him get the opportunity at Chelsea and I’m sure he’ll do well in the long term, but they’ve lost their best player in Hazard.
“He’s got a big job and it’s going to be a tough year. If they make the top four, and I think they can finish fourth, it’ll be a big achievement,” Redknapp told Football London.