- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Tension as British Airways flight to Spain makes emergency landing after ‘smoke engulfs the cabin’
Tension arose in a British Airways flight to Spain as smoke engulfed the cabin which led to emergency landing.
Passengers moved to the evacuation slide on the runaway in Valencia to quickly move away from the smoke that has engulfed the cabin.
One passenger’s father told Mirror Online: ‘Apparently they flew for 10 minutes with the cabin full of smoke, no info from crew and oxygen masks failed to release.’
British Airways has reacted on this incident via their official Twitter account and it read thus; ‘We are aware of an incident involving one of our aircraft in Valencia. We will release more information as soon as we have it.’
Meanwhile one of the passengers on the plane named Lucky Brown posted pictures of the smoking cabin on Twitter and described the journey as a horror film.
She said: @British_Airways terrifying experience on flight to Valencia. Felt like horror film. Thankfully everyone safe. Flight filled with smoke and had to be emergency evacuated. #britishairways Flight BA422 left London Heathrow earlier this afternoon and it’s intended destination was thought to be Valencia.