- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
40 year old man arrested for defiling 9 year old step-daughter in Rivers, blames his wife
A 40year-old man has been apprehended and detained by the Rivers State Police Command for defiling his 9 year old step daughter.
The suspect, a resident of rivers state began to sexually assault his stepdaughter after the mother of the victim denied him sex repeatedly.
Harrison Gwamnishu, an activist who facilitated the arrest of the 40-year-old told newsmen that the wife of the suspect knew about the despicable acts of his husband but prioritised saving her marriage than her daughter.
Got tagged on a Facebook post by Tobore Anne calling my attention on a child defilement case in Rivers State. Yesterday at 6:00pm. I left Asaba to Portharcourt and alerted our Rivers BBI team.
At 11:20am, we reported to Nigeria Police human right desk of Igwuruta Divisional Police Station. In company of a female Police officer, we tracked down the suspect and arrested him. He confessed using his fingers??to penetrate and also inserted his manhood. The wife who raised the alarm tried to cover up her husband, but they both later accepted and pleaded we forgive them. We will be taking the victim to the hospital tomorrow and provide all necessary support before charging suspect to court.