- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Inter Milan sign Lukaku from Man United
Inter Milan have signed Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United for a club record fee of 80m euros (£74m) on a five-year deal.
Lukaku, 26, scored 42 goals in 96 games for United but leaves just two years after his £75m move from Everton.
He becomes the third most expensive signing by a Serie A club after the Juventus duo of Cristiano Ronaldo (£99.2m) and Gonzalo Higuain (£75.3m).
“Inter were the only club I wanted,” said Lukaku.
“I’m here to bring the Nerazzurri back to the top.”
In a statement, Manchester United said: “Everybody would like to thank Romelu for his efforts at the club and pass on our best wishes for the future.”
Lukaku scored 15 goals in 45 games for United last season but was often overlooked in favour of England striker Marcus Rashford by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
He did not feature in any of United’s pre-season games, with Solskjaer saying the player had an ankle injury.
Belgium manager Roberto Martinez said earlier this summer Lukaku “had to leave” the Premier League club, with Inter boss Antonio Conte indicating the ex-Blues striker was his top transfer priority.