- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Kogi APC suspends Deputy Gov, Simon Achuba, threatens expulsion
At a time the Kogi State House of Assembly began moves to impeach the Deputy Governor, Elder Simon Achuba, the All Progressives Congress (APC), Kogi State chapter, has suspended Achuba from the party for anti-party activities before, during and after the 2019 general elections.
The party also based the suspension on some alleged actions the Deputy Governor took that constitute embarrassment to the APC family in Kogi state.
Withinnigeria recalls that the Kogi State House of Assembly had on Wednesday commenced the impeachment process of the state Deputy Governor Elder Simon Achuba over his action and utterances at the Channels Television and AIT.
APC State Chairman, Hon. Abdullahi Bello, who announced his suspension at a press conference in Lokoja on Thursday, said the party has received several petitions from stakeholders in Iyano ward of Ibaji local government area where the Deputy Governor hailed from, alleging that Achuba discretely and openly worked for candidates of the opposition parties during the presidential, national and state assembly elections in the state.
Bello added that the activities of Achuba during the last elections were against the candidates of the APC. He added that the report of the disciplinary committees constituted by the Iyano ward and Ibaji local government APC to probe the crises in the area allegedly indicted the Deputy Governor and also recommended his suspension to be followed by expulsion if he did not show any remorse.
Bello, who stated that the State Working Committee of APC have deliberated on the recommendations of the disciplinary committee of APC Iyano ward and Ibaji local government branch of the party, said the state chapter of APC has resolved and upheld Elder Simon Achuba’s suspension till he responds to the letter that the party would serve him.
“As we are all aware , the All Progressives Congress does not condone acts of indiscipline , indiscretion and anti-party activities from any party member, no matter how highly placed.
“His series of reckless, damaging and unsubstantiated allegations against government of Kogi state was an action that constitute a serious violation of Article 21A(ii), (v) and (vii) of the APC constitution, amount, amounting to acts of disloyalty and embarrassment to the party,” Bello stressed.
The party chairman added that the decision of the State Working Committee will be communicated to the APC National Working Committee in due course.