- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Fear gripped residents of Ijegun, Isolo local government area of Lagos state when Armed soldiers stormed the community over the detention of two policemen.
Withinnigeria recalls that Some Irate youth had taken two Police officers to the palace of the traditional ruler in the area after a female trader was killed by a bullet reportedly fired by the security operatives who were chasing some suspected internet fraudsters, better known as “Yahoo boys”.
A witness told newsmen that the trader was pronounced dead at the hospital she was taken to after the incident.
The operatives reportedly fled after learning of the incident but youth in the community held two of them.
Some of the policemen who escaped later returned with soldiers.
As the youth, who lit bonfires in front of the palace where the officers were being detained, sighted them, they started pelting the security operatives with stones and bottles but they fired into the air to disperse the aggrieved youth.
The soldiers and some policemen have moved into the palace of the traditional ruler.
More to follow…