- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Fear gripped residents of Ijegun, Isolo local government area of Lagos state when Armed soldiers stormed the community over the detention of two policemen.
Withinnigeria recalls that Some Irate youth had taken two Police officers to the palace of the traditional ruler in the area after a female trader was killed by a bullet reportedly fired by the security operatives who were chasing some suspected internet fraudsters, better known as “Yahoo boys”.
A witness told newsmen that the trader was pronounced dead at the hospital she was taken to after the incident.
The operatives reportedly fled after learning of the incident but youth in the community held two of them.
Some of the policemen who escaped later returned with soldiers.
As the youth, who lit bonfires in front of the palace where the officers were being detained, sighted them, they started pelting the security operatives with stones and bottles but they fired into the air to disperse the aggrieved youth.
The soldiers and some policemen have moved into the palace of the traditional ruler.
More to follow…