- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
DJ Arafat Dies In Road Crash
Popular Ivorian Musician DJ Arafat has been confirmed dead in Abidjan
DJ Arafat, an Ivorian singer with a huge following in francophone Africa died after a road accident in Abidjan.
The state broadcaster RTI while announcing his demise on Monday tweeted:
“Death of artist DJ Arafat… today at 8am as a result of a road accident overnight”
According to messages and pictures circulating on social media, he had been driving a motorbike and smashed into a car. Critically injured, he was taken to an Abidjan hospital, where he later died.
Born in Abidjan in 1986, DJ Arafat — real name Ange Didier Huon — was avidly followed in French-speaking western and central African countries.
He issued 11 albums, mainly of “coupe-decale” — a dance music form combining choppy rhythms with hip-hop-style vocals.
Ivorian Culture Minister Maurice Kouakou Bandaman expressed his condolences and said a tribute would be organised to honour the musician.
The report of his death was also confirmed by Davido on Twitter, the singer wrote:
“Pls tell me it’s not true!!! Not my brother !!!! God why!!!!!” he tweeted.
A few minutes later he went on to confirm the death of the music star with a photo of Arafat and captioned it with a quote;
” RIP YOROBO I LOVE YOU! .”
DJ Arafat, or Arafat Muana, born January 26, 1986, as Ange Didier Huon. He is considered one of the most popular African artists in Francophone countries around the world. DJ Arafat is one of the first in his country Ivory Coast to obtain 1 million views in less than a day on his song ‘Moto Moto’