- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
The Women’s Tennis Association has disclosed Serena Williams had to leave the Rogers Cup final in Toronto early Sunday, as she was troubled by back spasms.
According to WBA, the 23-time Grand Slam hero made it through only four games of the opening set but had to retire from the match when the pain became unbearable.
19-year-old Bianca Andreescu who was her opponent took the title in front of a hometown crowd. But instead of directly rejoicing, Andreescu rushed to comfort Williams, who was visibly upset on the sideline.
This attracted major applauds form sports fans all over the world for her spirit of sportsmanship.
See photos below: