- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
The Women’s Tennis Association has disclosed Serena Williams had to leave the Rogers Cup final in Toronto early Sunday, as she was troubled by back spasms.
According to WBA, the 23-time Grand Slam hero made it through only four games of the opening set but had to retire from the match when the pain became unbearable.
19-year-old Bianca Andreescu who was her opponent took the title in front of a hometown crowd. But instead of directly rejoicing, Andreescu rushed to comfort Williams, who was visibly upset on the sideline.
This attracted major applauds form sports fans all over the world for her spirit of sportsmanship.
See photos below: