- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari has suspended the Chairman of the Special Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla.
His suspension is to take effect immediately until completion of the ongoing investigations by ICPC.
This was disclosed in a series of tweets on the verified page of the Nigeria President.
The post read: “President Buhari has directed the suspension from office, with immediate effect, of the Chairman of the Special Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla.
“The suspension shall be in effect until the conclusion of ongoing @ICPC_PE investigations into a number of cases relating to Mr. Obono-Obla.”
Recall that the Nigerian Police earlier sealed the office of Obono-Obla.
The sealing of his office comes on the heels of his rumoured sack as the chairman of the panel on recovery of public property.
The seal-off of Obono-Obla’s office was confirmed by the Police Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba, who explained that the action was carried out based on a complaint said to have emanated from the Federal Government.