- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
President Muhammadu Buhari has suspended the Chairman of the Special Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla.
His suspension is to take effect immediately until completion of the ongoing investigations by ICPC.
This was disclosed in a series of tweets on the verified page of the Nigeria President.
The post read: “President Buhari has directed the suspension from office, with immediate effect, of the Chairman of the Special Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Mr Okoi Obono-Obla.
“The suspension shall be in effect until the conclusion of ongoing @ICPC_PE investigations into a number of cases relating to Mr. Obono-Obla.”
Recall that the Nigerian Police earlier sealed the office of Obono-Obla.
The sealing of his office comes on the heels of his rumoured sack as the chairman of the panel on recovery of public property.
The seal-off of Obono-Obla’s office was confirmed by the Police Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba, who explained that the action was carried out based on a complaint said to have emanated from the Federal Government.