- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
‘I Was Depressed In My Marriage’, Juliet Ibrahim Finally Speaks On Her Divorce
Ghanian actress, Juliet Ibrahim has appealed to women to quit their ‘unwholesome marriages’. This came as she opened up on divorce with her ex-husband, Kwadwo Safo.
Speaking with Citi News, during her book launch in Ghana, the actress admonished the public on not judging people who want to end their marriages, saying hers left her in a dark place where she was miserable.
”People have had their own perception about what led to my divorce.I have sat down for many years and have had to deal with the pain and insults from the public who had no clue what I went through as a person during that period and how it affected me.
“The depression and all that happened. All I will say is you should never judge someone who wants to come out of a marriage. Because sometimes it is better to come out of it than to stay in it. For your own sanity and mental stability it us always good to take a bold decision for yourself. For your kids, if there are kids involved take a bold decision,” she said.
Juliet Ibrahim had before now revealed that her marriage was a mistake which shouldn’t have happened, while pointing out that her ex-husband’s family was never in support of it.
She reportedly married Kwadwo Safo in 2010, after she got pregnant for him in the course of their friendship.
They were, however, granted divorce in June 2014, after he allegedly cheated on her.