- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
APC suspends 3 exco members in Adamawa for ‘mortgaging party interest’
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Adamawa State has suspended three of its members for “mortgaging the overall interest of the party and its teeming supporters.”
The members, who are also officials of the party, are Alhaji Aliyu Bakari (Adamawa Central Zonal Vice Chairman), Alhaji Saidu Naira (State Financial Secretary) and Alhaji Babangida Talase (Party Chairman for Mayo-Belwa Local Government Area.
In a press statement issued to journalists in Yola by the state Publicity Secretary, Hon Mohammed Abdullahi, the APC said the three sabotaged the interest of the party by approaching the state governorship election tribunal to withdraw the party’s petition against the election of Rt Hon Ahmadu Fintiri of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the state governor.
The APC had filed a petition against the declaration of PDP’s Ahmadu Fintiri as the elected governor following the last governorship election which the APC faulted, but the three, according to the statement, “sabotaged the interest of the party by approaching the tribunal to withdraw the party’s petition.”
The statement said that following the submission of a report by the disciplinary committee set up to investigate the three and the adoption of the report by the state Executive Committee of the party, the party had decided that Saidu Naira and Babangida Talase be suspended from the party for six months while Aliyu Bakari should be suspended indefinitely.
“All the suspended officials are relieved of their respective positions in the exco, and the matter has been referred to the National Secretariat of the party for further necessary action,” the APC stated.