- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Gunmen attack mourners in Benue, kill four – Police
The Benue Police Command has confirmed the killing of four persons in the early hours of Saturday at a burial in Tongov district of Katsina-Ala Local Government Area.
The commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Mukaddas Garba, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Makurdi, that the incident occurred during the burial of one late Tor Amaafu.
Garba said the police had commenced investigation into the matter, assuring that the perpetrators would be brought to book.
He urged the public to assist the police with relevant information that would lead to the culprits arrest.
An eyewitness told NAN that the gunmen, who numbered over 10, opened fire on the mourners and killed many while others sustained injuries in the process.