- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
APC UK chapter disclaims factional group
The United Kingdom chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has disclaimed the factional group led by Ade Omole saying “he does not represent APC UK as a leader, chieftain or whatsoever title he wishes to appropriate to himself”.
In a statement on Sunday, Dr. Philip Idaewor said the party’s UK chapter which was approved by the National Executive Council under his leadership had put out series of public statements in the past.
Idaewor made claims of advising the party leadership as regards taking steps to verify the authenticity of persons coming from the UK who lay claims to representing the party.
He lamented that despite these actions and previous statements from the chapter, the individuals have continued their activities of misrepresenting the chapter with actions that tend to portray the party to the public in bad light as existing in factions.
He said “the fact of the matter is that there are no factions of the party in the UK, but a group of individuals who are simply determined to not obey the rules as set by the party.
“The UK chapter of APC has a clear structure that recognises branches across the UK as well as Nigerian geopolitical Caucuses
“APC UK chapter exists as a chapter of the party recognised by the NEC of our party having satisfied the requirements set by the party’s leadership. Our chapter is one of the twelve approved Diaspora chapters of the party.”
He urged the party leadership to call to order all those individuals within the Diaspora locations who think, behave and act bigger than the party.
He also appealed to the party leadership under Adams Oshiomhole in using his good office to ensure that appropriate steps are taken to restore confidence in the diaspora chapters.