- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Police found decomposing body of farm worker on mango tree
The Police in Ogun State have discovered the decomposing remains of a farm worker, who was allegedly murdered by his boss, over allegation of stealing.
The family of Isamaila Mukaila had called on the Police to carry out a thorough investigation into the alleged murder.
It was reported that the boy was murdered on August 11 in a farm along Adejunrin road Owode Egba area of Abeokuta in Ogun state and his remains kept in sitting position on a branch of a mango tree within the farm.
The boy, who is said to be a farm worker, was allegedly killed by one Adekoya believed to be owner of Offshore Agro Limited situated along Adejunrin Road, Owode Egba
A member of the deceased’s family that craved anonymity, alleged that the owner of the farm lured Isamaila to see him at the farm on Sunday 11 August 2019.
He alleged the boy did not return home and after a search was carried out, his decomposing body was found on the 15 August on top of a mango tree in the farm.
It was learnt that the bicycle the boy rode to the farm before his mysterious death, was also found at the entrance to the farm.
The Police Public Relations Office of the Ogun State police command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, saying the matter is being investigated.
He admitted that some suspects have also been arrested in connection with the alleged murder.